Hershey’s Chocolate Bar
When I was little, my mom gave me a Hershey’s bar and Coca Cola. My brothers talk about how they would laugh when they saw me in my diaper running around with a bottle of Coca Cola and a chocolate bar. I would sit with my mom and watch whatever was on TV, I would watch my mom’s motions and want to copy everything that she did.
I would wait until after dinner and ask for some chocolate and Coca Cola. My mom would let me have a piece of chocolate and shared some of her two litter of Coca Cola with me, I figured out that to keep the rich taste of chocolate in my mouth longer, you drink some Coke first then you enjoy the chocolate. Sweet, rich, creamy chocolate in my little hands was like a million dollars.
My house had a basement that was where my brothers’ rooms were. The stairs that led down were like a new kitten’s soft fur to my little feet. I would be sneaky and creep my way down the stairs, but my brothers always knew when I was coming. I always thought I was undetectable to them though. My brothers always would bring me home a Hershey’s bar, and I knew they had them in their rooms. I would always slowly open the door and poke my head in with a smile.
“Heyyy, are you awake yet?”
“Emmy, what do you want?” as they wiped their eyes. “It’s still early. Go back to bed!”
I would still creep in and ask for my chocolate. I would always have to wait though, which felt like a million years for me. Before I knew it I was moving on from Hershey’s and looking at a new candy.
Reese’s
I was onto the Reese’s stage of my life. Kindergarten to fifth grade I was addicted to these things. I would throw in a different candy or snack every now and then, but Reese’s were my true love. I would eat them melted, frozen, or more likely as soon as they were bought. My family didn’t even have to ask what I wanted from the store.
Chocolate with smooth creamy peanut butter in the middle was my addiction. I would eat them before anyone could even ask for a bite. Reese’s took over my life, I would bring them everywhere. I would eat more than three small Reese’s a day! I would eat one in the morning, one for my lunch, and one when I finished my dinner. I would eat them whenever I was able to. I was greedy with them, but I would share with people so no one thought I was being a hog or had a problem. I would try to eat those two peanut butter cups slowly and enjoy the rich taste of them.
Every year around Easter I enjoyed getting the giant peanut butter chocolate eggs that came from Reese’s. I would love biting into the chocolate and tasting the sweet creamy peanut butter. I loved to eat my Reese’s. They could make or break my days! When the chocolate was gone I felt like a broken phone. My mom and dad would be amazed by how many I could eat in a day. “Emmy, we just bought you three Reese’s last night! How can they all be gone? We told you to space them out and enjoy them!” My dad would always tell me. I couldn’t resist the taste though, the rich peanut butter would overwhelm my mouth and two at a time just wasn’t enough. Then the taste became old to me, I had eaten too many and ruined the taste in my mouth.
Peppermint Patty’s (mints)
I remember seeing my mom enjoying a mint when I was little. “Can I have some mom?” I would ask with a smile. “Okay, here you go Emmy.” My mom would pass me the chocolate. My first bite into the strong cool mint hooked me in forever. Chocolate is a major key to my taste buds. I loved the taste of the rich chocolate with a smooth minty center. I was trapped inside the taste of the mint. I wanted to hide away in a pile of mints.
I was hooked on mints for a while; I would bring them everywhere and even eat them in class. My teachers didn’t care as long as eating them didn’t get in the way of my class work. I remember when I went to B&B with my mom and her friend Angie. I didn’t have any shoes on though, so Angie smiled “I’ll carry you in!” I giggled and said “Okay, cool!” So she picked me up on her back and carried me out of the jeep and into the store. I got a mint and was so happy that she carried me in to get my mint. “Thank you Angie” I giggled. I felt as if I was on top of Mt. Everest when she did that.
Three musketeers
I tried my brother’s three musketeers not knowing what to expect. I instantly fell in love with its rich chocolate on the inside and out. I loved the fluffy inside. Three musketeers was a new taste to my mouth, and it satisfied my taste buds. They were like a cloud in my mouth. I loved three musketeers and like all the other candy I over indulged myself with, I soon moved on to something new.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.