Monday, November 5, 2012

(Boundaries) My First Home

            My true home, doesn’t belong to me anymore. The home I was brought to, and spent my first seven years of life in, now belongs to someone else. I remember making a home of leafs, imagining my own house. I remember riding my bike, playing with my cats, and jumping on my trampoline. It was my home. The place I felt the safest. I loved my years going around the huge yard that went all around the house. Building my snowmen, looking at leafs fall with my mom, and watching as my family grew older with me. I moved at seven to California, but nothing ever felt like home. I had so many family memories, I just had to go back one last time.
            “Hi, my names Emily. I don’t think you remember me, but this used to be my, well my home.” I said while looking down.
            “Hi! Of course I remember you being so little last time I saw you!” She smiled “How can I help you?”
            “Would you mind if I walked around, just to get my memories back? To remember all the good and sad times spent here.”
            “Sure, go right ahead.”
As I walked around, I felt my heart beat fast like it was a plane ready to take off and fly out of my chest. There were so many memories that hit me like a door just opened in front of me. I remembered jumping off the deck into the snow with my cousins, and mowing the yard with my dad. The saddest memory that hit me was when my family buried my dog Rowdy in the ground. I remembered walking out there talking to the grave like the dog could really hear me.
            “Would you mind, if I walked out to the field?” I asked while holding back the tears.
            “Sure , but can I ask you why?” She gave me a smile while that look of curiosity was on her face.
            “My dog is buried out there, in that field. The dog I was raised with and could never replace.” I said as a tear fell off my face and hit the ground like a bomb exploded.
            I walked out to the field, and felt the memories just flowing through my head. Still to this date, going home was something I am still thankful for. The house, will always have our family’s life in it. The house will always be my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.