Me
The day I was born, was a blizzardy day in February of 1995. My mom was ready to pop like an overblown red balloon. I was dancing on her belly trying to make it out. I remember my mom telling me about the day her water broke.
Mom
I was ready to explode. I asked Jeff to go to the store to get me and the boys some candy bars. It was a horrible blizzard outside, but he agreed.
“Hunny, what kind of candy bar do you want?” he asked me.
“You know what I like, just get me one!” I replied while trying to relax.
“Oh, no. You tell me what kind you want. I’m not coming home with the wrong candy!”
“Hahaha,” I laughed then all of a sudden “Oh, no! Forget the candy bar, were having a baby!”
He made me laugh so hard, my baby girl was on her way.
Dad
The day Emily was born was like a gift to me. My first baby was on her way. I was so excited I was running around trying to get everything together and gather up the boys.
“Come on boys, were leaving!” I said
“Why are w…” They tried asking me.
I was already gone before they could finish talking. I remember eventually getting in the car and getting the boys candy bars before we left.
Me
I was making my way into the world. My family was so excited; everyone was waiting for the day to come. I was finally coming out. It would be a few days before I would see the world, like coming out of a tunnel.
Adam
I was only fifteen years old when my sister came into this world. I remember being downstairs in the basement playing videogames with Nick and Eddy. All of a sudden Jeff ran down to get us.
“What was that about?” I asked Eddy.
“I wonder? Who knows, let’s go see.” Eddy replied.
“I wonder, maybe mom needs to go to the doctors.” Nick pondered.
We saw mom upstairs, so excited and ready to go. She was glowing brighter than the sun. Mom was ready to give birth to our new baby sister.
Nick
I was the baby, only thirteen years old when Emmy came along. She was so little and beautiful. Mom wanted me to pick her middle name. I got to help choose!
“Nicky, name off the girls in your class’s names? Mom asked
“Molly, Sandy, Hannah, Sarah, Allie, Marissa, Tr…” I named.
“Marissa!” Mom said as she cut me off. “That’s beautiful, Emily Marissa Rakis.”
“I love it mom.” I said.
My sister was so tiny and fragile. I couldn’t wait until she grew up and I got to be there watching and helping. I was afraid to hold her, she was so little. I thought I might drop her.
Eddy
I was sixteen years old, and I remember mom having to wait for days before the doctor would give mom a C-section. My grandma called and was upset. She yelled at the doctor.
“You cannot let her wait any longer! You take the baby out with a C-section today!” She yelled.
“I am going to wait, she can wait!” The doctor was defensive.
He ended up bringing Emmy out that day though. I hated waiting; it was longer than the wait for football season to me.
Me
I was brought out on February 10th, 1995. I had been expected for February 14th, Valentine’s Day. My mom just couldn’t wait though. I’m glad I was brought into this world though; my mom let me grow up, with love like a baby horse to its mom. I’m thankful I was given the life I live today.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.